Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Time


Time. 

I cancelled my Dad's Time magazine subscription today. Growing up Time magazine was a staple in our home. Dad had easily subscribed to this magazine for at least fifty years. 

It's just one more thing that has changed over the last year. But, the good thing is that it was only I, not Dad who was sad about this. Dementia keeps you living in the moment. All the cares of the world are no longer yours to care about. 


It's hard to understand, but Dad seems content most of the time. For that I am grateful. 

2 comments:

  1. What an insight. Alzheimer's which devastates our memory leaves us in the moment. I see that when I play the piano for MusicMendsMinds. What sometimes leaves me feeling sad, like them not knowing what they are doing with their instrument, does not concern them so much. They have stopped hustling for worthiness from others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said. It is hard at first, but over time I'm accepting what is and enjoying the time we have together. I'm learning that not everything can be fixed, and it is not my job.

      Delete