Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Creative People


Creative people. 

Artist Henri Mattisse says it well with the words, "Creative people are curious, flexible, persistent, and independent with a tremendous spirit of adventure and a love of play. "

Author Elizabeth Gilbert recalls how her father used to "pursue his curiosities." I think this is an excellent way to live. Keeping your eyes open, and your mind curious, and then following up on what you have noticed helps to maintain a creative life. 

I have always been one to pursue my curiosities. In fact, I am probably guilty of pursuing too many things at once. But it is a fun way to live as you add to your bank of knowledge and your accumulation of skills. 



As I continue down this creative journey I want to incorporate a greater spirit of adventure and a love of play,  along with my natural curiosity. 

1 comment: