Monday, August 3, 2015

Field Trip



Field Trip. We went on a little field trip this past Saturday. We had been wanting to check out the new Buc--ee's in Terrell. Now if you haven't ever been, the best way to describe it is Stuckey's on steroids. When I first moved to Texas back in the late 60's we stopped at a Stucky's along the highway for a drink. I ordered a Dr. Pepper for the first and last time in my life. Let's just say, it wasn't my cup of tea! Stucky's was known for it's pecan logs and dusty plastic souvenirs. Buc-ee's on the other hand is amazing and known for its bathrooms. I honestly think I could return in December and do all of my Christmas shopping there at once. We sampled some delicious BBQ and a snack pack of turkey and cheese, followed by a yummy mini pecan pie. If you are needing any Texas related jelly, sauce or jam this is your place. How about you? Have you ever been to Buc-ee's?

No comments:

Post a Comment