Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Devoted

Devoted. Have you ever had someone who was completely devoted to you?  Someone who wanted to be with you all the time?  Someone who hung on your every word and looked lovingly at you for hours on end?  No, I'm not talking about a stalker, I'm talking about my poodle Cooper.  I have never experienced such love, loyalty and adoration. He lives to be by my side, literally. You know how some dogs were bred to herd or hunt?  Apparently Cooper's job falls under the category of companion. Now I'm not complaining about this.  No way, I adore him as well and love having him as my side kick. John Grogan, the author of Marley and Me  said it well, "Many of the qualities that come so effortlessly to dogs- loyalty, devotion, selflessness, unflagging optimism, unqualified love- can be elusive to humans." We could learn a thing or two from these canine companions.






No comments:

Post a Comment