Thursday, August 20, 2015

A New Perspective


A new perspective.  Have you ever thought about something one way and then something happened that made you change your mind?  I am bad about quickly jumping to conclusions, and thinking that I know why people act the way they do.  But the reality is that I am only looking at it from my perspective thinking that I truly understand. What has taken many years to realize is that I really don't understand, and my jump to judgement stands in the way of a deeper relationship with that person. It stands in the way of true compassion for those whose shoes I've never worn. So what am I to do with this new perspective? Stop making assumptions. Start looking with fresh eyes and as the prayer of St. Francis reminds me to seek understanding.  In so many ways we really are more the same than we are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment