Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Quest


A quest. The definition of a quest is a long or arduous search for something. Have you ever been on a quest? I just started reading Chris Guillebeau's book, The Happiness of Pursuit where he begins by talking about quests. Now I began to think about my own life, and was reminded of a time when my husband and I went on a Pez Quest. We went from grocery store to grocery store scooping up all the different Pez dispensers we could find. Don't ask me why we got started on this quest because that still remains a mystery to me. What I do know was that it was a lot of fun as we watched our collection grow. We began with single dispensers, but moved on to the Pez Collector's sets. Friends soon began keeping an eye out for new dispensers. What this actually resulted in was hundreds of Pez dispensers and a stack of Collector's sets all taking up space in our closet. Along with those little candy havens are hundreds of Beanie Babies all waiting for a little grandson to be old enough to play with them. My daughter and I  had a quest of our own. We relentlessly searched for the newest arrivals, poured over Beanie Baby books, and dreamed about someday owning them all. My husband joined in making parking lot deals at McDonald's, all the while wearing a fanny pack stuffed with tiny Beanie Babies we could use for trade. Looking  back on it, it all seemed pretty crazy, but once again we had a lot of fun. I guess often times quests are serious and important, but maybe sometimes it's a way to spend time with those you love and make some memories. Start your own quest today.







No comments:

Post a Comment