Friday, July 31, 2015

The Selfie


The selfie. When I was a teenager back in the seventies we had these things called instamatic cameras.  Now to be honest, they only came with a few shots per roll of film, so there were not a lot of shots to waste. However, I don't ever remember taking shots of myself.  I did however take pictures of friends, family, celebrations, vacations and nature. What amazes me today is the popularity of the selfie. Why they have even invented the selfie stick to make it easier.  I'm just thinking back to the day when most people didn't really think they were that photogentic. I guess fourty some odd years has produced a better looking population that can't seem to get enough of itself in photos. In the spirit of this trend I took a selfie of Cooper and me in the car.  Now I must say he looks really dashing, but me, not so much. I can't help but think those teenaged selfies would probably have been much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment