Thursday, July 2, 2015

Aging


Aging. Remember when you were young and you proudly declared that you were six and a half? Remember how those milestone birthdays like eighteen and twenty one were all signs of being a grown up? Of course there were mixed feelings about each new decade that you entered. People kept assuring you that forty was the new thirty. I'm getting ready to reach my last birthday in the fifties. Now actually, I feel pretty good at this age both physically and emotionally. However, the reality is that aging is not some feel good commercial. We all want to cling to the idea that we will be that one exceptional senior who is beating the odds. As much as we want that to be us, who really knows? I have experienced loved ones for whom aging has been a real challenge. What I do know is that I may not have control over what the future brings, but I may have some input through the choices I make today. Think about how what you are choosing to do today might effect your aging tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment