Friday, July 24, 2015

Cooper and My Dad


Cooper and my Dad.  There is an interesting relationship between these two.  Growing up we never had a dog for a pet.  People like to claim that they are either a dog person or a cat person.  I don't think my Dad is really either.  We eventually got a family cat, but I think that push came from my Mom.  Dad has told stories about being chased and bitten by a dog when he used to help the milkman deliver milk via horse and buggy. However, Cooper has won over Dad's heart.  When I go to visit Dad, I like to bring Cooper as well. Dad's face really lights up when Cooper bounds into the room often times landing in his lap. Now I can tell that Dad is not that comfortable knowing how to handle a dog, but he always lets Cooper know that he is a good boy. Before Cooper was born I had given some thought to him being a therapy dog. I'll have to admit that his excitability is still a concern as to whether he would qualify. However, I know he's doing some really important work when it comes to my Dad.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful practice, Shari. You are bringing your Dad some joy and happiness that only an animal can bring. I don't know how it happens, but it's true. In all the stress I have experienced lately, Giorgio can instantly calm me, and make me content. Much love to you as you visit your Dad and share your sweet Cooper. AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann Marie. Cooper looks forward to it as well, and knows just how to get to Dad's room.

      Delete