Monday, July 13, 2015

Greener Grass


Greener grass.  Have you ever been guilty of thinking that the grass was greener on the other side?  We used to have cows on our farm and it wasn't unusual to see them sticking their necks through the barb wired fence just to get to the grass on the other side of the fence. Now the funny thing was that the grass was pretty much the same on both sides. But, what does a cow know? Unfortunately, I've been guilty of the very same thing. Thinking that something I don't have will be better than what I already have. In thinking like this, I'm actually taking for granted the existing blessings in my life. Take a moment today to reflect on the blessings you have and don't let that elusive blade of green grass get in the way.

2 comments:

  1. Shari, this is incredibly profound and so true! I am ALWAYS thinking the grass is greener on the other side. I'm always thinking life could be better 'if only'. I am the cow sticking my neck through the barb wire. And you have found the truth. Thank you for this reminder--especially now that I am dealing with so many challenges with my parents. Perhaps things WOULDN'T really be better 'if only.' AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always letting my over active imagination get in the way. I have found that things rarely turn out exactly as I have imagined.

      Delete