Monday, July 20, 2015

10,000 Steps


10,000 steps.  The ancient Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu says that, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."  I'm keeping this in mind as I attempt to reach 10,000 steps each day.  This appears to be the magic number calculated as a way to stay physically fit.  In an effort to do so my husband and I invested in a pair of Fit Bits for our birthdays this year.  They actually have been quite fun!  Not only do they track your steps, but they track your sleep patterns as well. They sync with your smart phone and let you compare from day to day your results. Now I can't say I've reached 10,000 steps very often, but when I have my Fit Bit  buzzes and sends me all kinds of positive accolations as well as giving me  stars on my phone. They say that tracking results helps you to reach your goals. Now I'm not so sure about walking the thousand miles, but I do think walking a few extra steps each day can go a long way toward better health.

No comments:

Post a Comment