Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Road Not Taken


The road not taken. When I was a senior in high school I fell in love with the poetry of Robert Frost. I especially loved The Road Not Taken.  As I envisioned my future, I liked to think that I would be the person in the poem who chose the path less travelled. I liked to think that in choosing that path it would make all the difference. As I look back on my path now I'm not sure I accomplished that. I think I chose the well worn path. Now I'm not sure that disappoints me, though, because we all have our own path to live. Sometimes we look at the really remarkable paths and wonder why we could not have lived that life?  But you see, I think  for what ever reason we probably live a life pretty true to our nature.  Some of us like to wander and others prefer home.  Some like noise and crowds and risk.  Others prefer quiet and solitude and stability.  I don't know if there actually is a "correct" path, worn or not. In looking back over your life which path did you choose?  Did it make all the difference?











No comments:

Post a Comment