Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Camper




The camper. I've been dreaming about the camper ever since I was sixteen years old. My best friend's family had just gotten one and I was totally impressed. I was especially enthralled with the organizational ability of my friend's mother. She had everything sorted and labeled and ready to go. It was heavenly. In my twenties I tore out a picture from a magazine of a VW van that could double as a camper. I've carried that picture around for years. Now to be honest, during the time that my daughter was growing up I didn't give much thought to camping. She and her Dad once camped out in the back yard, but that was pretty much the extent of our camping experience. However, now I can't seem to quite get it out of my head. I don't see myself packing up the house  and trading it in for an RV. I don't see myself traveling for months at a time. I kind of envision just getting away for the weekend with a small, simple camper of sorts. But then I start to think about the mosquitoes, and the heat, and I have to wonder if maybe it made a better dream than reality. Have you ever been camping?

No comments:

Post a Comment