Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Squirrel




Chuck and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch the other day when I noticed some movement on our back porch. At first I thought it was the wind blowing a leaf across the porch. 

It didn’t take me long to realize, though, that it was a squirrel when it jumped up on our cushioned lawn furniture. We in turn jumped up to chase it off, and discovered it had chewed a hole in the corner of our cushion. 

Apparently our squirrel was a girl, and was looking for nesting material. A few minutes later when we went back inside to finish lunch she brazenly returned. Again we chased her off, but not before she had pulled out a nice sized piece of stuffing. 

Now of course nobody wants a squirrel tearing up their furniture, but honestly it wasn’t the end of the world to me because our cushions were in need of replacement. 

However, since she appeared to be so persistent we ended up moving the chairs into the garage to alleviate any more damage. She returned two more times quite perplexed as to what had happened to her perfect nesting material. I chased her off both times. 

I wish I could say Chuck was as understanding as I was about her maternal instincts, because I’m pretty sure I heard him say something about a BB gun, and squirrel for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment