Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Meet Bucker





Bucker is a lamb who had the misfortune of being the twin rejected by his mother. He was born several weeks ago at my daughter‘s place. 

When this happens the lamb has to be bottle fed several times a day. My oldest grandson who appears to be the “animal namer” of the family, named him Bucker, and immediately became quite attached to him. 

My daughter FaceTimed me several times showing the lamb in my grandson’s arms. Once they were sitting on the swing together, and that lamb showed no sign of wanting to get free.

This week I got to see Bucker in person, and was enchanted watching him run full speed ahead, like a little dog, when my grandson called him. If I didn’t know better I’d say he knows his name. 

I watched my grandson lovingly pet him, and reassures him that everything was okay. Later that day his Mom handed him the bottle, and he expertly fed that little baby. 

The entire time the little lamb’s tail was wagging ninety to nothing. It was the cutest thing to witness. 

Although, it breaks my city girl heart that a mama ewe would reject her baby, I know little Bucker is in good hands and is loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment