Thursday, February 11, 2021

Read the Bible in a Year




Many years ago I purchased a special Bible that was designed to be read in a year. Each day I would read from the Old Testament, the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. 

To be honest the Old Testament was challenging for me, and for the first time I understood how those struggling readers must feel when they did not comprehend what they read. 

Having a formal structure to my Bible reading, though, made it easier for me to keep up daily with the readings, and sure enough in a year I had read through the entire Bible. It was a good feeling. 

Last year Chuck and I used a Bible app that actually read the Bible to us each day. Again it was exciting at the end of the year to know that we had accomplished our goal of reading the entire Bible. 

This year Chuck wanted to try reading a chronological Bible, and I decided to return to my One Year Bible plan that I had used years before. 

What I find amazing about reading the Bible is that every time I do I always find something new and relevant. Using some type of reading plan can help you stay on track if you are interested. 

If you’ve ever considered reading the Bible from start to finish, the beauty of the one year plan is that it can begin at anytime. 

Here is the app we used last year if you want to get started. 



No comments:

Post a Comment