Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Something New




I tried something new for dinner last week, and it was quite tasty. What intrigued me about the recipe was the combination of wild rice, roasted veggies, raw veggies and pepitas. 
Now to be honest there were a few ingredients I left out, and I did fudge a little bit with the dressing, but it was still quite yummy. Next time I make it I will use wild rice, and not a blend I couldn’t find the real deal at my Walmart so I substituted the rice blend instead.



In the photo above are the basic ingredients: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snow peas, green onions, mandarin oranges, roasted pepitas, and wild rice.






I cut up the broccoli and cauliflower, drizzled it with olive oil, added salt and pepper, and roasted it for around 30 minutes at 425 degrees.



I grated the carrots (watch your fingers) cut the snow peas in half, and only used the tops of the onions ( the recipe actually calls for chives), and sectioned the mandarins. (See photo below)

After cooking the rice I let it cool down for just a minute or two, added the raw veggies and fruit, then added the roasted veggies and topped it off with pepitas.




I used a simple WW dressing (broth, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and S & P) but next time I’m going to make sure to have the dressing ingredients on hand. I’ve included the recipe below if you are interested.

I served this with a different protein so don’t feel that you have to use his recipe for chicken if you don’t want to. Chuck gave it a two thumbs up, and I liked it as well. I’ll definitely be making it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment