Thursday, February 4, 2021

Watering the Garden




Yesterday while we were waiting for Brittany to return home from work the boys decided they would water their Mom’s flower garden. 

I had been sitting in the driveway watching them ride their bike when they moved on to the front porch. As I looked over I noticed the youngest carefully carrying an orange kid sized construction cone full of water over to one of the plants. 

It was actually quite clever because like a funnel it produced a steady stream of water. Meanwhile, his older brother had moved on to a five gallon bucket. Back and forth the boys worked for about ten minutes diligently watering each plant. 

Before long it became apparent that they were becoming quite wet. At one point the oldest had removed his shoes, and rolled up his jeans. 

I couldn’t help but laugh when the youngest one would holler at his Bubby when he couldn’t turn off the faucet. The older one would head over, turn it off, and send his brother on his merry way. 

When I went over to check it out a little more closely, since my view had been obstructed by the world’s largest Rosemary plant, there was water and dirt everywhere. 

Now if it had been me years ago I would have been all about keeping everything neat and tidy. What these two boys have taught me, and what my daughter knows naturally, is that water dries, and dirt can be swept up. 

But little boys will only be little for so long. They were having so much fun, and playing so well together that I didn’t have the heart to stop them.
 
When we went inside they changed into dry clothes and I placed their wet clothes in the laundry room to dry. Pretty simple fix if I do say so myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment