Friday, July 7, 2017

Facebook Friends


Facebook friends. 

One of the fun things about being on Facebook on your birthday are the birthday greetings from your friends. As I was reading each one, and thanking them for their kind wishes it amazed me at how many people you meet along the way in sixty-one years. 

Childhood friends, high school and college friends, teachers I've taught with over the years, students, cousins from Europe that I've never actually met, friends of friends, daughter's friends, family, extended family, parents of former students...the list seems to go on and on. 

As bad a rap as Facebook sometimes gets I've sure enjoyed staying connected with people I have met along the way. I enjoy congratulating them on the milestones in their lives, praying for them when they are in times of need, comforting them during sadness, and just keeping up with their lives. 


Before the birth of social media it wasn't unusual for your paths to never cross again. Reunions were the only time that you might see someone from the past, and that was only if they chose to attend. So I'm grateful for this little thing that often consumes too much of my time, and once again thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment