Tuesday, July 11, 2017

What's Up?


What's up?

Plant-based diets- Chuck and I did a Netflix binge over the fourth learning all about plant-based diets. It really gives you pause when you realize how many diseases seem to be avoided by eating more plants. We've already made the move away from processed foods, and many of our favorite meals do not include meat. I'm not sure I could completely make the transfer over, but it is something to consider. 

Juicing- one of the documentaries we watched was about a man named Joe Cross who went on a sixty day juice fast. After watching the show Chuck was inspired to get his juicer out again after many years and I made a run to the produce section to pick up things like beets, grapes, apples, plums, sweet potatoes and carrots. To be honest I prefer smoothies made from the Nutri-Bullet. 

Farmers' Market- We made a trip to the Dallas Farmers' Market a couple of weekends ago to check it out. The trick there is to park in the parking garage for free rather than circle around for fifteen minutes looking for street parking.  I think the next time I'd like to return to the downtown Coppell Farmers' Market. It's a really nice set-up and much closer. 

Cantaloupe- Woo Hoo! I was finally able to locate a pretty delicious cantaloupe, that wasn't too hard. Too bad Bluebell stopped making cantaloupe ice cream.  That was some of their best. Which reminds me, if you ever get a chance to tour the Bluebell Creamery in Brenham it's worth the trip. 

Local honey- we are finally almost through with the left over honey from our daughter's wedding over five years ago. What a remarkable product! So we went on the hunt for some more local made honey. Last time we bought a five gallon bucket, but this time we were looking for something I could carry out of the grocery store on my own.  We found a company out of McKinney called Nature Nate's Honey. We bought ours at Sprouts, but I discovered you can get it at Walmart as well. 

Coconut creamer and artisan bread- I'm off to Eatzi's to buy some homemade bread, and Whole Foods to locate coconut creamer, and some pasture raised eggs. Whole Foods overwhelms me like Central Market so two items should be just about right. On the other hand Eatzi's is pretty amazing, and I really enjoy shopping there. 


Family get together- We can't wait to meet up with our daughter, grandson, son-in-law and his parents visiting from out of state this weekend. We always have a great time when we get together. 

Podcasts- If you haven't given these a try you might want to consider doing so. When I'm getting ready in the morning or am doing some tasks around the house I enjoy the variety of podcasts available. Pretty much anything you are interested in is there for the picking. 

Library probation- I'm super charged that I'm getting ready to get off library probation. Apparently in Irving you have to prove yourself trustworthy in order to have unlimited library privledges. I've been keeping up with the due dates on the calendar to prevent having any over due books which could bump you right back on to probation. Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment