Friday, July 14, 2017

Small World

Small world. 

I'd  heard the quote, "When the student is ready the teacher will appear," many times before, but to be honest it never had really appeared as blatantly as it did last night. As you might remember my posting earlier this week included my interest in plant-based eating. 

In fact, on Wednesday  on my trip to downtown Grapevine I picked up some tomatoes and peaches at the farmers market, which ended up being some of the best I've ever eaten. It's definitely peach season, and those peaches were perfect. I'll probably be returning today to stock up on some more. 

Last night for dinner I made something called a grain bowl. It was a combination of brown rice and roasted sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, yellow bell pepper, red onion and chickpeas. Needless to say, it was absolutely delicious as well, and I posted the recipe on Facebook.  It wasn't long before I got a comment from my high school friend Karen. 

She recommended I like a friend of hers who ate a plant-based diet. I sent off a quick note to the friend, and started to check out her page. Within minutes, she messaged me, included me in her Facebook community, and was calling me on the phone. 


The teacher had arrived. She gave me a list of documentaries, websites, recipe 
options, and basic general knowledge of her story. But the most coincidental thing of all was that she used to be a teacher in the same district as me, and actually lived in my old neighborhood. What are the chances that our paths would cross after the fact? Between her resources, and her as a contact person I'm ready to get started learning more about my food choices. If you are interested check out her website at Mrs.Plant.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to try your grain bowl. Can I search for you on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was delicious. I sent you my contact information through your piano website. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete