Thursday, July 13, 2017

Downtown Grapevine


Downtown Grapevine. 

If you haven't been I highly recommended a trip to downtown Grapevine. My best friend and I celebrated Christmas in July along with dual birthday celebrations the other day and had a wonderful time. 

We dined at the Main Street Bistro and Bakery, and it did not disappoint. Between the charming decor, the amazing Smoked Turkey Panini and soup, and topped off with mini-tiramisu it was a dining delight. 

If you are in the market for a special gift for someone the variety of stores seems endless. My favorites, though, were the food oriented businesses. There is a permanent Farmers' Market, an olive oil shop, a tea and spice venue, and even a homemade pie shop. We were offered samples, and given a tour of each place. Perhaps the friendliest store owner  of all was at the pie shop, where after witnessing our noses pressed against the window invited us in for a sample, which of course was delicious. 

We even made connections with some of the shoppers we came across. It amazes me sometimes about what a small world we live in. Some of the places we didn't visit this time were a plethora of wineries, a great chili parlor which Chuck and I had eaten at last winter, and a little further down the road one of the best coffee shops named RE:defined Coffee House. 


Now lucky for me this treasure is only ten minutes from the apartment, but I wish I'd made the drive before when I lived in Frisco. It would have been well worth it. Sometimes we do not take advantage of what is right before us, and let things like this slip through our fingers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment