Thursday, December 17, 2015

Doing


Doing. I'm reading a book called The Book of Doing: Everyday Activities to Unlock Creativity and Joy by Allison Arden. I've found that for me I'm not always that good with action. I spend a lot of my time "in my head" thinking about all the things I want to do. I spend hours pinning ideas on Pinterest, but never actually getting around to doing them. I analyze, reflect, and ruminate way too much. But, I do know that, "nothing ventured, nothing gained" rings true. In her book Arden lists the Laws of Doing. These include ideas like: "It's never too late to start doing," and, "Disengage from your device," to name a few. She gives lots of fun, simple activites to help engage creativity. It sounds like this might be a fun way to jump start my own creativity through action.

No comments:

Post a Comment