Monday, December 28, 2015

Better




Better. With the new year approaching tradition dictates a new and better you.  New Year's resolutions are on everyone's mind. Gyms are packed. The line at Weight Watcher's heads out the door. Unfortunately, few of these resolutions will still be around a month or two from now. However, if you are really serious, and committed to change, then this might be the book for you. As you know, one of my favorite bloggers and author is Gretchen Rubin. I had the good fortune to hear Rubin speak this past year when she visited a neighboring town. Her latest book,  Better Than Before, is chock full of habit forming strategies. Her four tendencies allow you to understand your own inclinations more fully, and why a one size fits all approach does not work. Habits are the key to successfully keeping your resolutions. I know for me, that I do better as an abstainer vs a moderator. Don't even get me started on that bowl of chips at a Mexican restaurant. However, for others they do perfectly well with a chip or two, and seem to know when to push away from the bowl. With Rubin's guidance you can either jump into the deep end or stick a toe into the shallow waters depending on what works best for you. Here's to a Happy New Year of successful resolutions!

2 comments:

  1. Something else we have in common. I really enjoy her podcast with Elizabeth Craft, her sister. I am thinking I'm a questioner. But, I question that assumption.

    ReplyDelete