Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Life Lessons


Life Lessons. "Learn from everything," are the words of comedian Laura Weinblatt. Now as a proponent of life-long learning , I knew I had to share her simple, but powerful words.  There is a lot of truth to this message, as the world really is a classroom. It offers not only lessons, but teachers along the way, and we are given homework daily. I want to learn from my mistakes, learn new things, travel new places, meet new people, and soak up what the world has to offer. Once when I was in graduate school, I had a professor who said if we continued to make the same mistake over again, it became a choice, and not a mistake. That was a powerful lesson at the time, as I was turning a blind eye to my situation. Her wise words allowed me to reevaluate the situation and choosee a new direction. As I look forward to the start of a new year, I'm ready to embrace the learning it will bring.

2 comments:

  1. Very good insight about mistakes made over again becoming a choice!

    ReplyDelete