Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Artist


Artist. Do you consider yourself an artist? In my mind an artist is someone who can draw really well. Someone who lives a really unconventional lifestyle. For some reason the term "starving" always comes to mind. I've begun reading a new book by Emily Freeman called A Million Little Ways. She defines an artist as, "being brave enough to move toward what makes you come alive. She states, "Art is what happens when you dare to be who you really are." Apparently, I've painted an artist with too narrow a brush. My drawing ability is limited, but I am embracing the artist within. When I was ten, I knew exactly 
who I was. I never questioned for a moment what I liked, what I wanted, or whether the world would deliver. Now almost five decades later I'm 
rediscovering that girl again. I'm embracing my art in many ways; visual, writing, and photography to name a few. You've heard the expression, "Coming full circle." That's the opportunity that age offers. 

2 comments:

  1. Right on, friend. Define an artist with wide brush strokes. And then, color in the itty, bitty parts with neon colors.

    ReplyDelete