Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Ugly Christmas Sweater


The ugly Christmas sweater. I have noticed that the ugly Christmas sweater has found its way into Christmas tradition. Whereas, for several years you had to scour the Goodwill to find one of these gems, they are now actually being sold in retail stores. For those of us who were adults during the 90's, at least in the teaching profession, these sweaters were considered quite fashionable, and we wore them with great pride. In fact over time many teachers had enough sweaters to wear a different one every school day in December. As I scroll through Face Book I can't help but think that many of these "vintage" sweaters are still pretty darn cute. I guess it just goes to show you that "beauty" really is is in the eye of the beholder!

2 comments:

  1. Two years ago I funded my daughter buying everyone in her large family a used "ugly sweater.' She combed thrift stores and even e-bay. They wore them proudly for many parties and photo shots.

    ReplyDelete