Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Wings


Wings. Muhammad Ali of all people said, "The man who has no imagination has no wings." Isn't this the same man who said, "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee?" Maybe he was on to a thing or two. It is our imagination that allows us to soar to greater heights. When we limit what could be, when we discount the possible to impossible, then we are clipping our wings. I like to challenge myself to think, "Why not?" Often we are quick to only consider one or two possibilities. Often we are quick to say, "That will never work." We stick to the tried and true, never questioning why. We give up too soon because we do not allow our imagination to take off. Know that although your wings are unseen, they are ready to transport you to a fuller life. Allow imagination back into your life.




2 comments:

  1. I love the picture with your wings! I try imaginative things in some aspects of my life. But, then there are others where I am less sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture was taken at the Perot Museum in Dallas. I feel unsure at times as well.

      Delete