Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Status Quo


Status quo. Are you guilty of the status quo bias? Do you prefer for things to remain the same, even though there might be a better way?  I am guilty of this. It just seems easier to let things be, rather than to rock the boat. The interesting thing though, is I remember seeing this same trait in my father when I was in my early twenties. I used to complain about it and swear it wouldn't happen to me. Ooops, when did I become my Dad? Now on one level I see the security of the tried and true, but just doing something because you've always done it that way might not be a valid excuse anymore. The stays quo can result in a very predictable,  possibly less interesting existence. It might take a little more thought or time, but I think it might be worth it to not fall prey to the status quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment