Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A New Light


A new light. Have you ever changed your mind about something? Have you ever looked at something you had seen time and time again and suddenly it hit you that you felt differently about it? This happened to me the other day and of all things it was about a pair of shoes. Now not just any pair of shoes, rather some shoes that have been popular for several years, and I couldn't for the life of me understand why. Part of the problem was the actual design. In my eyes they looked cheap and poorly made. There just didn't seem to be anything attractive about them. I also noticed that they were a little on the pricy side. However, everywhere I looked people seemed to be wearing them. At first it seemed like only teens, but over time they were popular with my generation as well. Now I did know that the company had a unique marketing strategy where for every shoe you purchased another shoe would be donated. Although, the style didn't appeal to me, the concept always seemed very philanthropic. Well guess what?  Last week as I was standing in line, the woman in front of me was wearing a pair of TOMS. And believe it or not, I couldn't help but think they were awfully cute. What? How did that happen? When did I change my mind? Well after a little investigating, I found out that the shoes were patterned after a traditional Argentinian shoe and are actually quite comfortable. Guess what shoe I'll probably be buying next?

No comments:

Post a Comment