Thursday, September 24, 2015

Discover With Fresh Eyes


I'm excited to announce that I am taking  part in a writing challenge called 31 Days. Each day in the month of October I will be posting on one topic; 31 Days of Discovery. I have been wanting to participate in this challenge ever since it began several years ago, and now that I have my own blog I can't wait to get started. Each day I'll share with you a new discovery and offer a challenge for you to consider. More than anything I would love to hear from you about your thoughts and would be honored if you would consider sharing this with your friends. Let's get started!

Discover with fresh eyes. I think French novelist Marcel Proust says it best, "The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." I think sometimes it is easy to
get caught up in our daily living and forget to really "see" what is around us. We keep thinking that maybe if we lived somewhere else or took an amazing vacation our life would be so much better. Take some time today to really look at what is around you. Discover something you have passed by recently. Look at it with fresh eyes and allow it to fill you up.


Day 1 Challenge: Start a Discovery Journal. I like to use old fashioned composition notebooks. I have even used old greeting cards to decorate the front. This journal will be a record of your journey through the 31 Days of Discovery. Each day I will give you a brief assignment in hopes to encourage your own discovery Find three ordinary things  and jot down what you haven't noticed about them before.





























































No comments:

Post a Comment