Friday, September 25, 2015

Daughter's Day


Daughter's Day. Yesterday was daughter's day. I must say that I feel very blessed to have the daughter I have. She is my one and only child and being her mother has been the highlight of my life. When I was pregnant with her I didn't know if she was a boy or a girl. And although I had decided I would be fine with either, I remember when the doctor said, " It's a girl!" I rejoiced with a resounding "YES!" We were pretty much inseparable during her childhood, and during those teenaged years it broke my heart as she pulled away wanting more independence. However, when she left for college I found that she would come home to visit genuinely happy to see me. She is my biggest cheerleader and is always there to offer her words of wisdom. She's one smart young woman. Today we are awaiting the birth of her first child, a little boy who we couldn't be more excited about. However, I hope
 she has the privilege of having her own daughter some day. Happy Daughter's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment