Thursday, September 3, 2015

Mistakes


Mistakes. Are you hard on yourself when you mess up?  I know I am, but I wish I would be a little easier on myself. As a teacher I remember assuring my students that mistakes were okay, and that the only way we got better at something was by making mistakes. I even had a poster that said, "Why do you think pencils have erasers?" But recently I  missed a phone call I was waiting on because I had stepped away from my phone. It wasn't anything that really couldn't wait, but I was hoping to have verification before the weekend. More than anything, I got that sinking feeling in my stomach that I had messed up. I know as a first born always pleasing my parents and doing the right thing were high on my priority list. I've basically lived my adult life this way as well. I wish I could find more of a middle ground between trying to please and being realistic about mistakes. How do you handle your mistakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment