Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thrift


Thrift. When we think of thrift we most often think of our finances. Being thrifty allows us to save and spend money wisely. What about our time? Is it possible to be thrifty with our time?  Just as we budget our money and account for each dollar, can we do the same with our time? Or is it unaccounted for and frittered away? I know I am quite guilty of wasting time, as if it really isn't that important. But, just like money, time is a limited resource. Once it is gone, it's gone. And although, I might think I'll always have tomorrow, eventually it will run out. Perhaps I need to start being more thrifty with the time I am given? After all, according to Greek philosopher, Theophrastus, "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."

No comments:

Post a Comment