Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Saving Money


Saving money. I used to think saving money was all about using a coupon and getting the right deal. I was actually quite good at this and rarely paid full price for anything. I'd always come away feeling quite proud of myself for saving so much money. However, now I realize that saving money has everything to do with not spending it. There is no way it can accumulate when it is not there. The stores really have our number, and lure us in with reward points, 30% off coupons, and store cash. Now if I really need something I like to be smart about using my money , and I'll always look for a deal. It's just that having more "stuff" just doesn't seem to be a high priority at this point in my life. Perhaps we should take some advice from someone who knows all about money. Warren Buffet advices, "Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving."

No comments:

Post a Comment