Thursday, May 28, 2015

Libraries


Libraries. "I have found the most valuable thing in my wallet is my library card." These are the words of former librarian and former First Lady Laura Bush. There is a lot of truth in these words. It is easy to equate wealth with monetary value. However, if you begin to study about some of the wealthiest people of today, a common thread amongst them is they spend more time reading than watching television. Renowned pediatric neurosurgeon, Ben Carson attributes the beginning of his success to a mother who insisted he read and report on two books a week from his local Detroit Library. One of my prized possessions of my mother-in-law is her library card. It represents to me her love of reading which is something we shared. I will be forever grateful that my Dad introduced me to the library, and I have many memories of out time spent there together. I'm hoping someday to introduce my new grandchild to the wonders of books and a magical place called the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment