Tuesday, May 12, 2015

True Mirrors


True mirrors. Have you ever heard of one? Apparently they are the only kind of mirror that allows you to be seen as others see you. I find that fascinating, and have to admit that the science behind it is a mystery to me. But, more importantly the idea that people find their reflection to be lacking is more than intriguing. Why is it when I pass by a mirror I have to check my appearance? Why must I validate myself through my reflection?  Each time I look in the mirror it is as if I am looking for someone else. Almost like I know my truer, better looking self is somewhere hidden behind the glass. The reality is  that our better looking days have probably passed us by. They are behind us and the days that will come might not be met with our approval. I can't help but think that we are more than just our outward appearance and that others see us more truly because they see more than just our looks. They see our heart as well. Picasso once said, "Who sees the human face correctly: the photographer, the mirror, or the painter?" The next time you look into a mirror remember that your true self will never be revealed there.



No comments:

Post a Comment