Monday, May 11, 2015

Food Adventure


Food adventure. This past weekend my husband and I went on a food adventure at Central Market. I like to call my rare trips there a culinary field trip. I knew going in that I wanted to try some Manchego cheese. I had sampled it at a wine pairing and it was quite tasty. Next we chose a crusty Artisan garlic and Monterey Jack cheese bread. A thinly sliced lean salami was next. It was the best salami I've ever eaten. Perfectly ripe raspberries and blackberries were the perfect compliment to the meal. We finished with a luscious chocolate mousse cake. I haven't enjoyed a meal this much in quite a while. It just goes to show you that simple, tasty ingredients make the best meals. To quote Julia Child, "You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces-just good food from fresh ingredients."

No comments:

Post a Comment