Saturday, May 9, 2015

Fishing


"Hope the fish are biting." I'm not actually a fisherman. Infact, I think I've only caught one fish in my life and it was quite tiny. But I can't help but compare biting fish to opportunities. One of the things that I do know about fishing is that it requires patience. If you think you can go in every time and catch as many fish as you want you are probably mistaken. Opportunities are like this also. They don't just come around just because you want them to. No, sometimes you have to be patient and give them a chance to evolve. But just like fishing, you have to be prepared and ready, because if you're not paying attention they just might get away. So whether you are an angler or a writer or a teacher or an athlete keep your eyes open for that perfect opportunity and don't let it slip away.


1 comment:

  1. I love your fish analogy! I went fishing quite often as a child and have come to appreciate the quiet anticipation required of fishing. Thanks for the reminder again today... http://tondradenise.blogspot.com/2013/01/wanna-be-fisherman.html

    ReplyDelete