Saturday, May 16, 2015

Travel Sizes


Travel sizes. I noticed the other day that I had quite a few travel sizes of Clinique moisturizers. You know the ones that come with the bonus.  It dawned on me though, that there is no way I'd be able to use them all because I really don't travel that much. Now I suppose one way to fix this would be to travel more. However, one big vacation a year and several weekend trips are  enough travel for me. So this got me to thinking about how often we don't use the things we have, putting them off for special occasions.  I'm sure the moisturizer must have an expiration date.  Don't we all?  Why leave  that wedding china in the hutch, and the softer towels only for guests?  Isn't it better to enjoy the things we own now, rather than putting them off  until tomorrow?  I can't help but think so?


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see we use the same brand of moisturizer :-) On a more serious note, this is something Gus and I think about all of the time--should we postpone the things we love doing until our retirement? Should we be responsible and save our money in case we need it? There are many things, however, that we don't need to wait around for--saying 'I love you', giving someone a hug or phone call--the list can go on and on. Thank you for making me think about the truly important things in life. Keep writing! AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking about the same things as well. We would love to retire to the farm, but we wonder if maybe we should consider doing it earlier while we are younger. Thanks so much for all your support!

    ReplyDelete