Thursday, November 1, 2018

Tour Bus


Tour bus. 

On our trip to New England earlier this month we were met by a crowd of senior citizens one morning at the complimentary hotel breakfast. We had noticed the tour bus the night before when we pulled in, but had failed to make the connection that they might all be hitting breakfast at the same time. 

Needless to say, there was no place to eat so Chuck and I found ourselves waiting at the elevator to return to our room precariously balancing our plates. As is often my way it wasn't long before I was having a conversation with one of the women about their tour. 

She told me that they had visited the Ark in Kentucky, and the Creation museum in Ohio. To be honest I have been curious about the Ark myself, and had checked out its location to see if it coordinated with our trip. A minute later the elevator door opened, and the woman addressed her pastor, as it was apparent that this was a church group traveling together. 


When we returned back to the room I confided in Chuck, that I didn't have the heart to tell the woman that we had just visited the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg the day before!

No comments:

Post a Comment