Monday, November 19, 2018

Jackpot!


Jackpot!

As you know the thing I miss most about living at the apartments is my beloved Lake Carolyn.   Not being able to step out my door with Cooper, and enjoy a beautiful day outdoors walking along the lake has left me a little melancholy. 

I've returned several times since then to walk, but between the distance and the cooler, rainy weather it really hasn't been practical. As a result my daily walking is pretty much nonexistent.

Last week I made a trip to the Barnes and Noble in Southlake Town Square, and came across a lovely walking path that encircles a pond with two fountains. The weather wasn't really conducive to walking that day, but I knew I would return. 

I did that last Friday, and enjoyed three trips around the pond. Now it obviously isn't as long as my old walk, but it can be walked several times to make up the distance. The sound of the fountain, and watching the ducks paddling along did wonders for my spirits. 

My mood is definitely elevated when I spend time in nature. I'm hoping we have a few more sunny days before we enter into winter, but even so I think I may just bundle up. The drive is just an easy fifteen minutes from the house, and I always get the option to hang out at Barnes and Noble. Sounds like a win-win to me!


I still think I'll return to my old stomping grounds every now and then, but it felt good to have another option close by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment