Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Elderberry


Elderberry.

I whipped up a batch of Elderberry Syrup the other day, and it really wasn't too complicated. Last year I had read about the benefits of taking Elderberry to help strengthen your immune system. 

Now I know this could possibly just be an old wives' tale, but somehow Chuck and I both managed to not get the flu last year. It was particularly bad that year, and the flu shot was pretty much worthless when it came to prevention. 

Along with hand washing, vitamin C, diffusing essential oils, a healthy diet, and daily activity I think our immune systems held the line, and kept us healthy. This year I've already had about a week long bout with a cold and cough, so I figured I needed to get my arsenal back in gear. 

As a honey Ambassador for Nature Nate's I used their raw and unfiltered honey to add to the mix. Brittany had ordered dried elderberries off of Amazon, and I boiled them in water along with some ginger, cinnamon and cloves. I'll include the recipe from the Wellness Mama below. 

Wishing everyone the best of health this winter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment