Friday, November 16, 2018

Thanksgiving Menu


Thanksgiving menu. 

I'm hosting Thanksgiving again this year, and am looking forward to trying out my new dining room table. We will utilize the pew bench in the entryway for the additional seating at the table. 

Since we have a smaller group this year I plan on using my china which rarely gets used. Of course my grandson will find his feast on a little plastic cafeteria-style tray so as not to worry. 

I went grocery shopping yesterday and picked up the majority of the food I will be preparing. I always buy a Butterball turkey as I think it is the most delicious. I'll be cooking it in a roasting bag which is basically fool proof. 

I'll also be responsible for mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing, and a raw Brussels sprouts salad with cranberries, pears, pecans and Gorgonzola cheese. I've made it before, and it's quite yummy. 

I'm trying a new way to make macaroni and cheese in a crockpot. I've considered two different recipes, and bought the ingredients for both. I'm also planning on making Chuck a homemade pumpkin pie as it is his favorite, and I don't usually make it any other time of the year. 

Chuck's aunt is bringing her award winning sweet potato casserole, and a dessert of her choosing. Knowing her as I do, I wouldn't be surprised if it had some chocolate in it. Chuck's cousin will bring deviled eggs, and I'll have a veggie tray available for premeal snacking. 

Finish that all with rolls, cranberry sauce, and some gravy and I think we will be good to go. I'm looking forward to spending time with my loved ones, and entertaining in my new home. Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment