Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Chrisgiving


Chrisgiving.

I've noticed a phenomenon that's beginning to take hold in our culture; the melding of Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

Now perhaps this has to do with Christmas decorations being displayed as early as August. The self-control required to wait until after Thanksgiving is just too much. As soon as that last trick or treater is out the door a mad dash to the attic begins where Rubbermaid tubs of Christmas finery are drug out. 

I've never actually eaten a Thanksgiving meal by the twinkle of the Christmas lights eyeing the presents, but I'm thinking the next generation will. Is this really a bad thing?

To be honest I have no idea, but I'm still holding out to the day after Thanksgiving to start my Christmas decorating. Just call me a stick in the mud. That is if I'm not too exhausted from all my Black Friday shopping, so it actually might be the day after the day after Thanksgiving. 

Either way I'm looking forward to "the most wonderful time of the year!"






No comments:

Post a Comment