Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Blue Jean Debacle


The blue jean debacle. 

I wore blue jeans to work the other day. Now this in itself may not sound like a big deal because many workplaces have dedicated blue jean days. Unfortunately for me, this wasn't one of those days. 

On Wednesdays at my school we wear a spirit shirt with either colored jeans or khakis. I generally wear my black jeans on that day. In fact, basically every Wednesday I wear the exact same thing, kind of like Einstein or Steve Jobs. 

Except for some unknown reason this past Wednesday I put on a pair of blue jeans. I guess you could say I must have been distracted, but the truth is I remember specifically thinking about which blue jeans I usually wore on Wednesdays. I chose my skinny leg jeans and it wasn't until I arrived at work that I realized that I had worn the wrong pants. 


Now I wish I could attribute this to an act of rebellion and nonconformity, but I think it may have had more to do with one of those dreaded "senior moments." At the end of the day I found myself slipping past my principal hoping she didn't notice my faux pas, although to be truthful she probably would have gotten a good laugh out of the whole crazy debacle!

No comments:

Post a Comment