Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Greener


Greener. 

Sometimes I try to imagine a different kind of life. Maybe a more hip or trendier life. Last weekend as my husband and I drove around Deep Ellum searching for a BBQ place that's boasts the second best BBQ in Texas, I came to the reality that I like my suburban life. 

Crowded streets, no parking, and long lines just didn't seem very appealing to me. Once before when I anxiously searched for a specific restaurant in Uptown I found myself singing Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks. The combination of too tight of lanes that changed to single lanes on a moments notice, and bumper to bumper traffic all seemed to raise my blood pressure a notch or two.  Then there was the impossible task of locating a parking place, leaving a wing and a prayer as the only option. 

However, my desire to live a more cultural life makes me think that maybe living in an urban setting might facilitate this easier. But in being true to myself, I know that I am better suited for suburban life. In researching further, though, I found that cultural avenues are available beyond the city limits, and I'm only ascribing to false choices if I think it is just one or the other. 


I'm finding it may require a little effort on my part, but I can't help but think that the end results will certainly be rewarding

No comments:

Post a Comment