Monday, April 25, 2016

Right Before Your Eyes


Right before your eyes. 

I went out the other morning to get the paper. When I returned inside and opened the blinds I couldn't help but notice my neighbor's yard across the street was adorned with bright pink flamingos. I had to ask myself how I missed seeing them when I was outside?

They were right before my eyes. Well, technically a little off center, but how do you miss a yard full of pink flamingos? I guess when you are not really looking. 

It got me to wondering about how many other things I've missed, either out of distraction or because I wasn't really paying attention. Maybe being a little more in tune to your surroundings might result in more opportunities for enjoyment. Starting today I want to be more aware of those things right before my very eyes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment