Monday, April 11, 2016

Reunions


Reunions. 

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend a reunion with my husband. Over thirty years ago he had served as a Marine Security Guard in Tokyo, Japan and Kingston, Jamaica, and was meeting up with some of his buddies in San Antonio. 

What I really enjoyed about the weekend was the opportunity to meet so many great people. Marines and their wives from all over the country had come to celebrate the brotherhood of this fine organization. Many of the attendees were at least ten years older, but the common bond of service to their country seemed to cut through any uneasiness there might have been in meeting someone new. I even met a woman who taught at my old elementary school in Florida, and didn't live far from my childhood home. 

We had a fun time walking along the Riverwalk, and eating some traditional Tex Mex food as we watched the ducks paddle by begging for food. I also had an opportunity to dance the polka, something I hadn't done in over thirty years. The highlight of the trip was a BBQ dinner and rodeo, which was the perfect way to end the weekend. I'm proud of my Marine and proudly say Semper Fi. 



No comments:

Post a Comment