Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Stop and Smell the Roses


Stop and smell the roses. 

I was at the doctor's office the other morning, and as I pulled into my parking space I was reminded of something that had happened twenty-four years before.  My daughter was three, and we had made a trip to the same doctor as today. On the way back to the car we passed a beautiful rose bush. Without skipping a beat my daughter stopped, leaned in and smelled a bright pink rose that happened to be nose level. 

At the time I remember thinking that I could take a lesson or two from that wise little soul. In the hustle and bustle to get back in the car, and move on to the next thing, she really knew what was more important. 



Twenty-four years later that same rose bush still stands, and that morning it brought back such a sweet memory. Life passes by too quickly, and we all need to take a lesson from a three year old little girl; "Stop and smell the roses."

2 comments:

  1. I am reading your posts today from newest to oldest. I see a theme of nostalgia happening here. But, I like your reminders to appreciate what is in the present. It helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do find that my posts tend to do that, although not always intentionally.

      Delete